Tau Kappa Epsilon House Fire

The following news story will remind many of you from the 90’s of the fire at the TKE House which claimed the life of their Rotweiler, Axl. This is a reminder to us all for our own home safety devices and the House at 416 West North Street, as well.

From TodaysTMJ4.com

10 Displaced After UW-Whitewater Frat House Fire
Sean O’Flaherty

WHITEWATER – A fire in a fraternity house at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater has left ten residents without a place to live.

The fire at the Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE) frat house on Main Street broke out about 2:45 a.m. Monday. Five residents were in the building at the time. One of them smelled smoke, he and the smoke alarms awoke the others.

One resident, Josh Drew, suffered a minor injury to his hand.

Dean of Students Tisa Mason was on the scene arranging housing for the displaced students.

Firefighters say the flames started on the first floor then spread to the second floor and the attic.

Some of the rooms in the back of the brick building are a total loss.

The frat house mascot, Buddy the dog, also managed to escape the fire.

In addition to Drew, the other residents who were home at time and escaped the flames were Jaymes Masik, Jared Stange, Korey Smith and Jeff Peeters.

Whitewater Police Chief Jim Coan said the cause appears to be accidental.

One Response to “Tau Kappa Epsilon House Fire”

  1. Dryden Geronimi Says:

    I remember the last fire in the 90’s well. I was sleeping in the house when it happened. The dog that died, Axl, was a rottweiler. Check those smoke Detectors, they saved a guys life in that fire also.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.