Alumni Association Meeting Minutes
416 W North St.
Whitewater WI, 53190
Meeting Called to order 5:25
1)Letter from Patrick Vaughn of Internationals circulated regarding re-colonization expansion dates Sept 24-29 and Oct 4-18.
2). Alumni Association Board Officer status discussed
3) There will be a Brother from Racine to help with recoloniztion. More info to come.
4) The University is happy with our performance thus far, keep up with standards
5) Grades Discussed
a. Chapter GPA 2.94, good enough for 4th (AS – 3.04, AKA – 3.00. DZ – 2.96)
b. AM GPA 2.96
c. This our #1 priority, look to the general chapter and AAB if you need help!
d. Ritual 2.25 or above.
e. Get your class schedule to Brad at the first meeting!
6) City is displeased with the letters on the house. Don assured the AAB this is a non-issue.
7) Rush Dates
a. Sept 15 (Capture the Flag) Sept 21 (Deal or No-Deal) Sept 21 (Dinner at the house)
b. Advertising – Business cards, Table tents (pending approval) posters (pending approval) and fliers are to be utilized.
c. Dorm Storming – Limited use pending approval from Rick. You may not solicit, however you may speak to people you already are acquainted with.
d. Rush Boards (pending approval from Resident Life)
e. Side walk chalking will take place the 12-14th Sept
f .Get dudes! “Make the sale” -Greg
8 ) Remodel of small bathroom to take place before homecoming.
a.If you have materials, money or time you wish to donate, please contact Pokes at 608-577-3086. Also stay tuned to this website for more information.
9) Rick will be blocking off rooms at the Super 8 for Homecoming weekend (both Friday and Saturday the 29-30th of October so Alumni can stay the weekend.
a. Tentative gathering at the house Friday evening, cook out if the weather holds, cocktail hour 9-230am, unprovoked harassment of the float builders to follow. Contact Rick if interested 262-993-2256.
10) Tentative Plans for Homecoming day
a. Charge for entry (price to be set) brother will receive a T-Shirt, food and drink, access to the bouncy house for the kids, dunk tank, possibly sumo suits as well.
Come one come all, we have lots to celebrate this year!
11) For those living in the house SIGN YOUR LEASES, PAY YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT, PAY YOUR RENT.
a. If you’re on the payment plan 1st half of rent is due upon occupancy! 2nd half due on Oct 15 (not at the end of the semester).
12) Feasibility of using Alpine Valley as an income stream discussed, and will be looked into.
13) Pokes, Bear, and Milton will be looking into different auctions to obtain furniture for the house
a. Pokes and Bear will be attending the on campus auction held the 3rd weekend of each month.
b. Pokes and Milton to visit UW Swap Shop in Madison.
14) Joe is looking into the cost/benefit of running an ad in the Royal Purple. If you would like to donate to this cause please contact him at 262-327-2167.
15) Eric to Remain as Chapter Advisor. Thank you and congratulations, we appreciate your service!
Housing Corps (abbrv.)
1) A fine of $250.00 will be applied to the account of anyone who breaks the door jamb of a room by kicking it open.
Motion to Adjourn, seconded, 7:35
Humbly Prepared by…
LI – 892